Friday, June 18, 2004

Norway!

My daughter and I just got to Norway yesterday, and today we witnessed a civil wedding ceremony. She was an honorable ring bearer/bridesmaid, and I got to take pictures. All things considered, the New Missus Norway Bride (NMNB) says, the ceremony and in fact the whole day was quite civil.

Please, my friend KW in Massachusetts, please don't be too hard on my grammar. I'm trying to type in English on a Norwegian keyboard adapted to English. So my bad typing/writing style may not be all my fault!

The new Mister Norway Groom (NMNG)treated all of us to a beautiful lunch after the wedding ceremony. A lot of Norwegian was spoken around us, and BD1 and I played hangman and drew pictures on the butcher paper table "cloth"--plus when it was appropriate, all the conversations were translated into English for us. Then NMNG also treated us to fabulous desserts, which we all shared. I never thought I'd like strawberries drowned in balsamic vinegar, but they were yummy, as was the very different dark chocolat-y creme brulee and the brownies, as well as the rich Italian ice cream (gelato?)

On the way back to the house of NMNB&G, the two beautiful children ("kidlet" and "BD1") fell asleep on NMNB's shoulders. What gorgeous scenery! What space they have between their homes! What great little grocery marts (Meny)with all kinds of exotic (at least to me) choices of food!

BD1 is still asleep;which worries all the adults about her adjusting to the time change. I got a smallish nap in the car and so I think it's 1:00 in the afternoon. So here I am, typing away at nearly 10:30 at night, and it is not dark at all! Looks like it's only about 7:30 pm, by California summer standards. We three adults are doing our separate things, NMNB is setting up the seating arrangement for tomorrow's party, NMNG is eating a snack and watching something silent on the TV, I am typing into my new little blog, and we are listening to the music planned for tomorrow, with occasional bouts of conversation in between.

There are so many stories to tell, but this post is long enough. I plan to use this as a journal, venting place, event-sharing when I return home. I hope readers enjoy it.

-MM

What a beautiful family I have as friends. They are gracious hosts, beautiful in and out, and have just treated BD1 and myself like visiting royalty. They have a great group of friends, too. I get to meet even more tomorrow night at the Wedding Party.

NMNB was radiant and stunningly beautiful at the ceremony. So was NMNG, but then, it's usually the bride we focus on at a wedding, isn't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home