Friday, June 18, 2004

Norway Journal Entry #1

This was supposed to be posted first, but I had sent it to my dh, but had not saved it in my out box. So, he sent it back to me so that I could add it to my new BLOG.

We left at 7am 16th June, a Wednesday, and after 3 flights and 19 hours of travelling, we reached Oslo and a great welcoming hug from Karine, waiting for us outside customs.

The flight from Long Beach to New York was great. Love those JetBlue TVs! Got to watch all of the Sound of Music, which I believe I have never done before. Note to Scott: Princess Bride also played on one of the movie channels, but I could not bring myself to watch it without you there with me. The flight crew just made the flight even more enjoyable. Worth every penny to fly JB from Long Beach.

Going through Security at JFK processed a lot more quickly than I expected, and we found our AA terminal fairly easily. It was only 2 Air Train stops away from Jet Blue. We had a 3 hour layover in New York, before we boarded our plane to Brussels. American Airlines served us dinner which was not half bad, and showed two movies, Big Fish and The Wedding Singer. The flight was smooth going all the way, and Sarah was impressed to learn that after 3 hours of flying, we were still over the Atlantic ocean.

During the flight, Sarah and I both stared in wonder at the sunset that seemed to last throughout the night and magically transformed into sunrise. All night while flying, there was at least a thin orangey/melony line on the horizon of the sky. Sarah and I were both impressed.

Customs in Belgium was easy; got a stamp on our passports and went on our way. We had only one hour to get to our next flight, and we made it just 5 minutes before the boarding annoucement came over the PA system. Pretty good, since I took about 5 minutes to get some chocolate and cigarrettes for K. Belgium is certainly beautiful; I think I'd like to spend more than an hour there sometime.

Landing in Oslo went great. Customs was non-existant. We'll have to beg when we leave to get our passports stamped.

After greeting Karine, getting some Norwegian currency, and freshening up a bit, we left for Aneby. Don't ask me to pronounce it.

more later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home