Monday, February 13, 2006

If I were a Good Wife

Here's a question for you...out of my mind, not from a meme...

Has the thought ever occurred to you that "if I was a good (whatever), I'd (whatever)?"
I'll start it...
If I were a good wife, mother and daughter...
...I'd awaken at 5:30 am, make coffee for my husband and me, go pick oranges from our beautiful orange tree and make fresh orange juice, putting it in the refrigerator so it would be fresh and cold; ...then I'd make lunches for the oldest daughter and my husband, with sweet little "I love you" notes in each lunch;
...I'd set up to make breakfast--either French toast or pancakes and sausage, or chorizo and eggs, complete with freshly made tortillas (I do know how to make them, after all);
...I'd make sure the kitchen was clean and the house was straightened, and then read quietly until the husband awakened (at 6:30).
I'd have a nice quiet time with him, while we read the paper and we drink our coffee;  of course I'd get up from the paper and coffee to cook breakfast at 7:am and when he finished breakfast, and went to get ready for work, I'd wake the girls to get them ready for school.While the girls get ready for school, I'd make their breakfast and get the lunches to put them in either husband's car, or somewhere I'd be sure he'd see it, and into the backpacks so that no one would forget them.  I'd also at that time make sure that all the homework was done and in the folders.At 7:45, while the girls eat breakfast (after getting dressed in the perfectly coordinated outfits I had ironed and set out), I'd shower and get myself dressed.
At 8:00, Husband leaves for work, happily full with the homemade nutritious breakfast and freshly squeezed oj, while I do finishing touches on the girls' hair and take them to school.
At 9:15, after the girls were at school, I'd then, every day, dust, vacuum, organize and declutter, after which I would visit my father, getting whatever sundry items he might need, or special little items, like freshly squeezed carrot juice, or a Gatorade.
I'd pick up youngest daughter from her preschool, we'd play in the park for an hour together, and then go home for some lunch.  The time between lunch and getting older daughter from school would be spent preparing for dinner, sewing, or playing together, and making sure the playroom and bedrooms are all clean and tidy. (that's from 1:00 until 3:00).
After getting oldest daughter from school, it would be stressless trips to after school activities.
Once returning home, oldest would do homework and practice piano as I make dinner, and youngest would "help" me make dinner--setting the perfectly coordinated dinner table, etc.The girls would eat, then bathe and get into their pajamas, and have dessert when Daddy comes home.  Dinner would be ready at exactly five minutes after Daddy gets home, they would all talk and joke at dinner/dessert.  Daddy would have an hour to play with the girls, hear about the day, and then the girls would go to bed--of course I, the good mom would tuck them in to their freshly clean sheets and read two stories each to them, kissing them good night and leaving a night light on for them.  

Then, I’d clean the kitchen, bring a drink to Husband, and walk the dog for ½ hour.

When the happy dog and I return, I’d select clothes for the girls for the next day, write in my journal, decide what to make for lunches, breakfast and dinner, take all the trash out, put away the clean dishes.

HAH.

3 Comments:

At 13/2/06 23:23, Blogger califmom said...

But then you wouldn't be real. ;-)

 
At 14/2/06 09:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were a good wife...you'd be a Stepford wife AND then you could request a Stepford husband :-)

You aren't beating yourself up are you - cause I'll be FORCED to come to Cali and kick your butt!

love me

 
At 14/2/06 11:00, Blogger dsimom said...

And your children would feel repressed, your husband would feel lonely and your father would wonder why his daughter wasn't really listening when he talked or why she looked so tired all the time.

Good mothers and wives don't keep clean houses, they keep happy hearts.

And the worst thing is that there was no laughter in that description. I know better than to think any of your family would be happy without laughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home