Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thursday Threesome

Ah, the Olympics
::Going for the Gold::
Onesome: Going-- out on a limb: are you watching the Olympics? ...obsessed by them? ...or are they just one more reason to watch "Leave it to Beaver" reruns?
Have been watching, husband TIVO’s the events, last night accidentally used it to fall asleep. Love the downhill skiing, no matter who wins.  I find myself cheering for US, then Norway, then Italy, in that order.
Twosome: for the-- heck of it: what happened in your neck of the woods on Groundhog Day? Are you looking at six more weeks of Winter or is Spring poking its head around the corner?
Forget spring, we got summer for a week!  
We watched Groundhog’s Day (we keep watching until we get it right—yuck, yuck). Then after bragging to my Massachusetts friend about our wonderfully warm and beautiful weather for their visit next (this) weekend, finally in February this (next) weekend we get a prediction of winter.  
Threesome: Gold-- Golden dreams: did you ever aspire to any sports championships? How about academic ones? How did that work out for you?
I aspired to skiing and swimming. I started skiing too late in life and that aspiration expired quickly.  Swimming I started early, but family didn’t agree with my competitive dreams.  Ice skating attracted me, too, but back then I would have had to move to eastern and northern locales, and my myself, because my parents wanted to live in southern California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home