Friday, November 12, 2004

Lost and Broken Crayons

Yesterday I noticed that my very old Crayola box was empty. Now, when I say "very old," I mean about 35 years old, with the old colors (the not p.c. ones). I had tried to take good care of this box, but in the last seven or so years, it has been challenging. This was the box I usually referred to when I couldn't identify a color, or found one whose name I couldn't quite remember. Now it is empty and torn.

When I asked my 7-year old BD1 about it, she showed me that they emptied into her other crayon/art box and sort of merged with the others. I found one crayon (remember "Indian Red"?) from the old box, and gave up. So much for having a child's collector's item hanging around. My fault for putting it away within reach of any child. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home