Monday, January 31, 2005

Snow!!

Call us crazy Californians if you wish, but we drove 2 hours yesterday so the girls could play in the snow.

All four of us had a great time!! I was in heaven, being the cold weather lover that I am (
Norway is perfect for me). Scott had fun taking pictures of all of us and helping the girls.

He bought one of those plastic sleds (a red one) and we drove a little further up the mountain to a spot where we didn't see 100's of people already playing. The spot we found had only two other families and they were quite nice.

As we trudged up the snowy icy hill, we saw a chute (sort of like a downhill luge) where the girls could ride their sled all the way down to nearly the parking lot. So there we were, two old out of shape adults, kneeling down on the icy, slippery hard "snow", holding the sled so the girls could slide down.

What a blast! Our girls didn't get hurt, although we saw a few people in their own sleds or inner tubes sort of flying into trees or other people. As far as we know, only two really got hurt, which is bad enough. Evidently, before we got there (maybe this is why the area was nearly empty when we arrived), someone had gone all the way down the hill, over the barricade to the parking lot, and under a car. A scene made for ABC's funniest home videos certainly, but the guy got hauled off in an ambulance. Another, a young teen of about 14-15 years went down "our" chute, and didn't rein in his sled, causing him to do one of those cartoonish body plants into a very large pine tree. His family drove him away, too.

Not one of the four of us got hurt, but I do sort of feel as if a truck ran over me today. With ibuprofen and Tylenol, I'll get over that quickly. Especially since I lost a weekend of work in the house, now I need to double time my duties today so that Scott can come home to a peaceful inviting house instead of the chaotic one he left this morning.

However, I did promise my dad I'd help him in his apartment today, too, so I wonder what will pull rank--usually, it's much easier to do things to someone else's house than my own, but my own is now even driving me crazy. After we worked so hard to de-clutter it, it's now nearly just as bad looking as it was before "we" did all the work!

Yesterday was sure fun, though! No arguments, no bickering, no whining, and the girls behaved great, too! 8^)

Next year, we might even teach them to ski.
Colorado here we come??

1 Comments:

At 22/10/05 22:54, Blogger Gudmans Dautter said...

So what??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home