Friday, January 07, 2005

Rainy Friday

I have so much to do today (suddenly) that I have paralyzed myself and am not doing any of it. I'm just sitting here staring at the raid coming down sideways. We are supposed to get a whole week of rain. I'd better go get all four of us some new umbrellas...ours are all broken.

I really don't like it when my mind gets into this mood. The rain makes my joints hurt, but I can usually work through that. My head just looks around and rejects all the suggestions of projects sitting around waiting for my hands and mind to get them done. At least I finished the laundry and the beds are made, and the kitchen is clean. The holiday decorations are in the garage, and there are only a few boxes of things that need to be sorted for trash/disposal/give away...but when I look at it all at the same time, I just want to do something else, or nothing at all.

My very dear husband was happy last night, since when he came home, dinner was waiting for him, and the house looked like a cozy, inviting home instead of a pile of rubble.

Just writing about it makes me want to go and do something productive. Perhaps if I start with the stuffed animals in the girls' room and put them away, I'll get myself on a roll of productivity and get a few more things done. Yes, that's it. I'll do that.

I'll write again if it doesn't work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home