Sunday, June 20, 2004

The Morning of the Event

Wow. What a grand group of friends and family K & M have! But first, I'll begin at the start of the day.

BD1 and I awoke at 0430 (am) and could'nt get back to sleep. After watching some kid shows on tv, and dozing, I tried to go back to bed, but still couldn't, even when I covered my eyes. So, when Norwegian Kidlet awoke, I "stole" the rental car and took a little drive. The local grocer wasn't open just yet, so I went off to explore the countryside. I didn't get lost, and saw some beautiful things: charming farmhouses, acres and acres of farmland on rolling hills, fields of yellow flowers (which I believe to be called "rape"--sort of a mustard seed), cattle and horses, farmers, people walking. It was just so pleasant to drive through this country.

Alas, the market had opened, and I bought some things, planning to cook it for dinner some night while I visited. Instead, I made a particularly tasty breakfast for K and myself; and omelette with roasted red and yellow peppers, fresh basil and parsley, tossed with some sun dried tomati, and topped with mozzarella cheese. With K's version of Norwegian coffee, some crusty bread, and sliced oranges, we had a veritable feast.

After some rest, it was time to get ready for the Party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home