Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Borrowed a Meme

Borrowed this from my Livermore Wine Wizard, who in turn borrowed it from the Nordic Goddess:
13, a meme

13 random things I like:
small fluffy dogs; my husband; my home; my kids sometimes; fast cars; flying; airplane noise; the smell of fresh cut grass; the smell of the air after a really good rain; sitting in a big chair by a bigger fireplace during a rain reading a book and drinking something hideously indulgent; watching fireworks, seeing the sparkle in my daughters' eyes as they laugh.

12 movies I like: (not necessarily in order of preference)
The Fisher King, The Quiet Man, The Princess Bride, Run Lola Run, Koyaanisquatsi, Bridge On the River Kwai, Mame, Citizen Kane, Blade Runner, The Fifth Element, Thelma and Louise, Roger Rabbit

11 bands/artists I like:

Oingo Boingo, Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, The Academy of St Mariner's in the Fields, David Byrne/Talking Heads, Steely Dan/Donald Fagan, The Eagles (OMG, they sure look old!), Lyle Lovett, Big Audio Dynamite, Dean Martin, Andrea Bocelli --but there are so many more!!

10 things about the physical me:

eyes (blue-ish), thin ankles (only things thin on me), strong upper torso (good farm stock), brown hair (still!), braces on my teeth, thick eyelashes, weak back, thin hair, big tummy, thunder thighs.

9 good friends:

Scott, Dianne, Robin, The Nordic Goddess, Auntie Mame in Idaho, Mrs. Alabama Writer extrordinaire, The Massachusetts swimmer, The Washington State Real Estate Tycoon, Paige, NOT Mrs. Texas.

8 foodstuffs/drinks:

Chocolate, Red Wine, Rigatoni with meatballs, Coldstone ice cream, Phad Thai, Eggs Benedict, fresh home-grown fruit, Canolli

7 things I wear every day:

my wedding ring, my mother's anniversary ring, my watch, earrings, nickers, slacks or shorts, and a shirt.

6 things that irritate me:

Inconsideration for others, impatience, lack of humor, stupidity, my car, the incredible difficulty of finding a contractor who will not only call back, but who will actually estimate a job and then do the job.

5 things I touch every day:

my husband, my dog, my 1st born, my 2nd born, my computer (do people count?)
If people aren't "things": my bed, the kitchen sink, the refrigerator, the newspaper

4 things I watch on TV:

Mission Organization, KTLA News, The Sopranos, The West Wing

3 celebrities I could fancy:

Kevin Spacey, Kevin Kline, Jeff Goldblum

2 people I've kissed:

You all know I've kissed my husband and daughters, but you don't know about: Mike and David

1 wish:

That this incredibly f'd up situation in Iraq and terrorist threats would stop/end/go kaput/ be done already.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home