Thursday, August 19, 2004

A Meme!

One that I didn't "borrow" from blogging friends:

Surgery!
1. Have you ever had to have surgery?
yes

2. If yes tell us about it!
3 surgeries, not counting 2 out-patient surgeries...2 cesarean sections, and one tonsillectomy, a very long time ago. 1 c-section was an emergency; the other was planned.

3. Do you have tough veins for I.V.'s?
Yes. They are deep and move around a lot.

4. Have your veins ever blown out or rolled?
Yes, every time I get stuck, either for IV or blood tests, they roll. Several times they've blown, and it's "so" entertaining!

5. When you wake up from anesthesia are you happy, sad, scared or just fine?
Tired.

6. If someone offered you a free plastic surgery of your choice would you take it?
Yes. By all means. Where do I sign?

7. If so tell us what you would have done! If not tell us why!
Just one??? ok, would attempt perkiness--not enhancement, but perkiness (and hope that they could take fat from my tummy at the same time).

8. Have you ever spent the night in a hospital?
Yes, three times...see #2 above

9. If so tell us why? If not...good for you!!!!
2 c-sections (3-4 nights), and the tonsillectomy, 6 nights (it was a very long time ago, folks!)

10. If you "had" to have surgery a surgery that you needed to get rid of pain but they told you that you had a 50/50 risk of waking up paralyzed or you could die from complications would you turn down the surgery? Or would you risk it and have the surgery with the expectations of waking up with no more pain? Explain why!

50/50? Hmm, I've only become an optimist recently, but depending on the type of surgery needed, I would most likely chance it. But, I'd have all my affairs in order first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home