Friday, November 12, 2004

Arafat

Usually I am not one to either pontificate or even state my political opinions. With that said, you probably think I'm crazy to start with Yassir Arafat's death.

What will this do to relationships with other countries? No successor previously chosen, complete unrest and disagreement within the state about who might be "the one"---any chance that a woman would be chosen?

Will "negotiations" have to start all over with Israel? Will chaos (which I guess is already there) ensue? Will this affect Al Qaeda, Iraq, Iran, other middle eastern countries and the so-called "War on Terrorism?"

Will this truly be an opportunity for fresh peace negotiations between Palestine and Israel? Could there perhaps be a peaceful conclusion to this way-too-old conflict?

I do give my sympathy to Arafat's wife and especially his eight-year old daughter. No matter what, I'm sure she loved her dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home