Saturday, February 12, 2005

February 12, 2005

Today’s the Day!

Well, today is party day! So far, we’ve encountered a few challenges in the planning. I got behind schedule yesterday somehow. Well, I think it was because Emily (BD2) became ill Wednesday night, throwing up about 5 times, and her cough got worse simultaneously. She and I were awake nearly all night, and she slept from about 8:am until 11:am. That gave me some time to get back on schedule, which I did (I was so proud!). Then I began to feel not so great, but in my sinuses, not anywhere else. I took my favorite remedies, and felt much better in about ½ hour.

Yesterday, I did the grocery shopping, and got everything on my list (however a few things I need did not get on that list, damn it!), Took Emily everywhere with me. We also had “Loved Ones Day” at Sarah’s school. I think it was a mistake to take Emily there, because she ran around playing, and ate some of the school pizza (yuck!). I knew she was tired, so took her home to rest awhile before we finished the shopping, picking up the dog and picking up Sarah from school, then doing all else on the Party ToDo list.

She was fine; a little whiny but fine. I happily cleaned the fridge and freezer. That put me behind my schedule even more. I thought it would be a quick wipe down and toss of a few things, but no, I looked at it and couldn’t live with what I had, so I really cleaned it. Took me 2-1/2 hours, too. I was wiped out and the whole house smelled like bleach. Blecch!!

Then at 9:30 last night, she ridded herself of the pizza, all over me. TMI maybe, eh? I stayed with her awhile until she went back to sleep, but suddenly found myself doing a lot more laundry than I expected, plus some carpet cleaning. So, there I was, at midnight, seasoning the meat, and at 6:30 this morning, Little Emily wakes us saying she wanted an apple. She went potty and fell asleep on the floor of her room for about another hour, and that meant it was time for me to get to work.

½ hour to figure out how the slipcovers fit my chairs, and to realize I only rented 11 when I needed 12. That’s me, can’t seem to do anything all the way right. Got the table and chairs set up and realize our tables are not big enough. Call to the rental place got everything squared (renting a round table and getting a slipcover loaned), but now I have to make another, unplanned trip to the rental place.

Scott has been so gracious, measuring, setting up, peeling potatoes and carrots for me, and now I must go do some more things, like call the babysitter, call the guy who installed my sliding French doors in my bedroom because they seriously leaked in last night’s rainstorm. Cutting fruit, veggies, potatoes, carrots, leeks, setting them all up to cook, and maybe I’ll be ready for guests at 9:30 tonight. Kidding. They are all supposed to come at 6:30, and get dinner at 7:30. We’ll see. Right now the house doesn’t look so great, and that frustrates me, since it looked terrific just yesterday morning!

I will tell all tomorrow after the party.

Gotta go and maybe get some coffee before I set off on my whirlwind. If I’d just get started, and decide what’s more important to do first, I’d be ok.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home