Friday, May 13, 2005

My Own Personal Meme

A reader asked me to publish my book list and turn it into a meme. Here I am. But this book list of mine is the summer book list, or what I plan to read during this coming summer. So, here is my list (of course in no particular order):

Flowers for Algernon,
Stars Dispose (recommended by mutual friend Casey)
Time Traveller's Wife
Walden (Henry David Thoreau)
Celebrate Yourself (a hard read, assigned by a doctor friend of mine)
The Joy Diet (another self help--a gift)
Reason for Hope (Jane Gudall)
The man who mistook his wife for a hat (one of Scott's books)
The Dancing Wu Li Masters (a recommendation from Scott--so intellectual, it takes a month for me to read a paragraph)
Animal Dreams (Barbara Kingsolver)
Life of Pi
Fast Food Nation
The Book Club

Another friend just recommended Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies which ought to be really very interesting--she said she had to read each paragraph about three times, think about it and then she got it. It's about cultures and how some have progressed and embraced technology, while others are still hunter/gatherers, even to our day.

Books to read/finish this month:

Flowers for Algernon
The Stars Dispose

What books will you read this summer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home