Friday, May 13, 2005

Sarah's Surgery

Today, we take Sarah to hospital for outpatient surgery, the removal of her ear tubes. I'm a little resistant to the idea, but she so badly wants to swim and bathe without ear plugs.

I'm resistant because the doc fears that if Sarah continues to have nasal/sinus problems, they will easily turn into more ear infections if we remove the tubes. However, even with these reservations, the doc is willing to do the surgery, so I guess I ought to be willing too.

I hope I don't have the same reaction I did when she had her tonsils out. I cried and cried when she fell asleep in my arms after the anesthesia was administered. It was sure an ugly feeling. I hope I can keep myself calm today, especially since Scott won't be with me today, till later this afternoon.

Now, what am I to do with Emily while I'm in the OR with Sarah for those few minutes when she goes to sleep. Babysitters are all still at school; my neighbor is gone. I guess I'll just take Em with us and hope for the best.

I'll update all later.

2 Comments:

At 13/5/05 13:02, Blogger Bookhorde said...

fingers crossed, prayers incoming
*hugs*

 
At 15/5/05 14:44, Blogger gemmak said...

I'm sure she will be fine flower but I can imagine how stressful it must be for you all. Take care *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home