Tuesday, November 29, 2005

An Interview!

Thanks to some very patient and helpful friends, I updated my resume to look for gainful employment. I have applied for over 50 positions at various types of companies, and have received a lot of rejection emails.

My friend the West Coast Web Investigator reviewed and suggested changes to my resume, so I incorporated the changes and updated it on Monster.com

I received two emails within a week from companies wanting to interview me. One job involved tutoring, and the other job was a Human Resources Training Coordinator position. I responded to both, getting phone calls asking for preliminary interviews. Both went well; in fact, I was hired for the tutoring position! I'll probably start doing that after the first of the year. I'll tutor kindergarten through high school, in any subject I want, and during the hours I set. Sounds perfect to me.

The other position I interviewed for yesterday morning. I think it went very well, and enjoyed very much discussing the position with the HR Training manager. I should hear about whether or not I'll be asked back for a "test teach"-- a presentation of 15 minutes on a subject in front of the manager and the trainers.

more later, k?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home