Sunday, June 18, 2006

B'bye, Poppy

So, all four of our parents are gone (mine and Mank's), so we get to be parents and grandparents. The funeral service was very nice. It was small, but very loving. We received some beautiful floral arrangements at the funeral; now our home looks like a small florist. One arrangement I gave to my closest friend for the past 30+ years DH (not "dear husband"). I'll give one other to the Retirement Home where Dad spent most of the last 3 years. A third we'll give to the sea, my dad's other love.

I know people say it's hard when it's sudden, but it's also hard when you've had time to prepare. I honestly thought I was prepared, and at the moment of Dad's departure, I was. It wasn't until the funeral that I realized he is really gone, and let my emotions release. Yet, this morning, I wanted to call him, figure out when to visit him; hear from the hospital about his condition. I shall always remember his last word to me: "beautiful." On one hand, I realized that he really couldn't see 8^), but I preferred to accept that he meant I was beautiful.

Sorry to write so much about it. The negative stress is nearly out of the way (well, the known stress anyway) after my recovery from my gall bladder surgery tomorrow, we ought to be able to have a great summer.

On a more positive note, our summer plans will keep us busy! Sarah will go to several camps this summer...Song & Dance, Camp Scherman for the Girl Scouts (up in the mountains, rustic cabins, sleeping bags, the whole nine yards--for 5 days), and maybe a Jr. Marine Biology day camp for a week at the beach. Em will attend two weeks of Gymnastics camp--she is our little monkey!, and maybe a community play camp at one of the local parks for a week, too; plus she'll attend the Song & Dance camp with Sarah. They both will have swimming lessons twice each week beginning late June until mid-August. I'd better get this all on a calendar!!

In addition to that, all four of us are going to Pennsylvania--Hershey, and Washington DC for 10 days. Don't ask me why we are going to those locations during the hottest, muggiest time of the year. Maybe we'll sweat some pounds off our chubby bods. Then in August, the girls and I will end the summer trips with a camping excursion to Big Sur with two other families. Scott is unable to get the time off; not only because of our previous 10 day trip, but because it's "crunch" time with his latest production, "Meet the Robinsons." Did you see Chicken Little? We hope so--we thought it was pretty good. We still get excited to see our Daddy's name in "lights."

Until next time...

1 Comments:

At 19/6/06 02:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're having surgery today??? Lots of luck with it. It's the easiest thing that I've had yet. Bad girl for not sharing with your sisters so that we could say a collective prayer or send group hugs!!! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home