Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ten on Tuesday

Ten Things You Think People Don't Like About You.

These are things that I think people don't like about me--there are probably other things that people don't like about me that I don't know about (yet).

1. I am usually late. I can plan and plan, but there is always something, and I arrive late for nearly all my appointments. Sometimes, I must admit it's because I don't really want to go to whatever the appointment is, but most of the time, it really is because of some unforseen occurence that I am unable to control. My dh hates this about me.

2. I am disorganized. My mind is cluttered and so is my home. I'm working on that one, though.

3. My facial appearance. 'nough said.

4. My need to be needed. I always volunteer to help in the kitchen, with the kids, whatever, at special events, and I don't realize, sometimes, that my help is really not wanted.

5. I don't communicate with friends and family enough. I get tired of it and just want to be in my home, my corner, and not have to talk to anyone. It takes too much energy to say anything sometimes. This is a problem relating to #6.

6. I don't respond to emails often enough. When I do, I realize it's going to be long, take a long time, and will probably make me late for something (see #1), so I put if off. I put it off for such a long time, that when I do finally have the energy/mindset to answer, the issue is too old to discuss.

7. My hair. I imagine that even people I don't know have ideas about how to improve my hair.

8. My memory. I can be talking to one of my closest, kindest, bestest friends, and will try to say her name in conversation, and I won't remember it. It makes me look like I stutter. Even I don't like this one.

9. I, unlike another poster, love 1st class. I scheme, and plan in order to be able to afford nice hotels, 1st or business class seats, expensive baubles, etc. I think my friends perceive me as snobbish. However, since having kids, my most visited retail establishment is Target. What I'd give for a nice day at Bloomingdales, Macys, or Nordstrom (and the money to spend with it)!

10. My apparent intelligence. I have the impression that some of my friends think I talk "over" them--use vocabulary that they would not use in normal conversation. I just happen to like the English language, and there are words that fit the subject better than others. If I know those words, I need to use them, or #8 will take over my vocabulary, too.

Next week: 10 of my favorite childhood characters.

3 Comments:

At 30/8/06 14:53, Blogger Julie said...

Aww...don't be so hard on yourself hon! I'm sure your facial appearance is fine.

 
At 6/9/06 17:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Charming C'Maine!

Gosh, how's about "Ten things that folks like about you?" At least that is much more positive!

I may not post much to the Dec Moms lately, but I do read whenever I can! My girls will be going back to schools tomorrow, so I expect that I will finally get some time to MYSELF!

Thinking of you often and really missing seeing you all at Hershey Park.

Cheerio,
Lori

 
At 7/9/06 16:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have been looking at the wrong side of the mirror! !
Try looking into the front where you can see the REAL YOU ! !

GUPP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home