Monday, April 09, 2007

Ramblin' Wreck of My Mind

I wanted to write
my mind needs a brain dump
I paid bills instead.

my horrible attempt at haiku

__________________________________________

Spring Break is here!! Hooray! We'll have some time to play! Oh wait. No, tomorrow is that b'day party the girls are going to attend, plus I need to be home and practice my Excel and Word skills and try to finish the laundry.
Tuesday? No, that is when I have my JOB INTERVIEW, and it will exhaust me, since I haven't been on an interview for oh, 15 years. Who'd a thunk I'd have to obtain employment at my age?

Wednesday? well, maybe, but not likely.

Thursday? It's possible...nothing concrete planned (yet).

Friday? Well that's my BIRTHDAY, and besides, Emily has her Daisy troop meeting at 5:pm.

Well, that's the plan for next week.

Bills, severance pay, friends, feeling like I really want to climb into a cave, menopause, not writing to those who are important to me and to whom I am indebted for so much support especially over the past few years (I'm not naming names, but if you've seen me and said "hello" or you've sent an email to me in since 2003, then this means you), pipes leaking, showers leaking, wall cracking, new carpet damaged, bedroom carpet damaged another time, petty little people with no control over their own lives trying to control me, back pain, ankle pain, hand pain, upcoming possible wrist surgery on both hands, just a few of the things on my mind lately that crowd out any creativity for writing. I'm having a LIFE!

Plus, I've just been a bad friend to a lot of people who don't deserve it. Denise--especially--I owe you a huge letter, let alone an email response from New Year's. I'm not mad, just going mad.

On the plus side, and the things I'm so thankful for, my daughters are 90% healthy and happy, my dog is good and my hair looks great! As soon as that picture gets uploaded, I'll post it.

To briefly catch up...
  • being unemployed and looking for jobs sucks,
  • Walt Disney World was fabulous,
  • Our Sarah got straight "A's" on her last report card, got accepted to the all-district chorus for 4th - 6th graders,
  • Everyone seems to adore our Emily
  • Scott is getting wayyyy too comfortable being home during the day.
  • I want to run away and have some true alone time (ironic, I told a girlfriend of mine that I wanted to go up to Colorado for awhile, and she said she'd go with me...and I had even said I wanted to GO ALONE)
  • Disney employment is over and done for the time being, so don't look for Disney Christmas gifts this year.
  • Meet the Robinson's is out; we loved it; everyone who saw it that we knew said they loved it; critics panned it. Go figure.
  • contemplated divorce for awhile; can't afford it now.
  • We might be able to squeak by throughout the summer financially if unemployment benefits kick in and we really count pennies. So, even if we had planned to come see you, or travel anywhere really nice, we will be home, and can welcome you to visit us. Sorry, no freebies to Disneyland anymore. We have transformed from Cast Members to Out Casts. (there is a great deal of "gallows humor" going around in our household)
  • It's now 1:am on Monday the 9th of April, 4 days before my next birthday, and what on earth am I doing still awake I ask.
  • I miss my dad so very much. I miss my mom even more. Have had "issues" and wanted to talk with them for their wise advice but realized they aren't reachable by phone anymore. Can't seem to get them out of my mind at all, even with all of the above happening.
So, good night all you princes and princesses of your home, as well as you kings and queens of your domiciles. Hugs to you, please know that I think of you often and hold you near and dear to my heart.

I know I'm forgetting something, but since I'm forgetting it, don't look here for it. Maybe it's been dropped under my desk. I'll go look...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home