Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Gratitude (and the 5 G's revisited)

I have often told both my daughters that I want them to live by the Five G's. These are Gracious, Grateful, Generous, Gentle and Good. (The Golden Rule is mixed in there among the five.)

I figure that what's good for the children is also good for me. So, I've determined that I need to work on the Five G's as well.

Recently, on separate occasions, I've been told that I am gracious. It's embarrassing, but it brings me great pleasure to hear that. I know I'm generous--that's why I'm always broke! I try to be gentle. I don't know if I'll ever think I'm good...never quite good enough is my life's experience but that's a story for another time. Now I'm working on Gratitude. Here are five things I am grateful for today:

1. I have a terrific, wonderful, brilliant group of friends.

2. I have two beautiful (inside and out) daughters that constantly bring me pride and joy.

3. I have a bad memory that tends to forget when my daughters do not bring me great pride and joy.

4. My husband is off work for a little while, but healthy, so we get to do a couple of fun things together during the day (like have breakfast or lunch at the beach, alone).

5. Even though dh is not working, his severance package has allowed us to pay the mortgage and my car payments for awhile longer.

Oh, there is one more: I am so very happy and excited and grateful that my longest-time friend Dianne who has had a very tough life for about the last 25 years, just yesterday bought a brand new convertible. I get a vicarious thrill, too...it's the car I want, and now I can ride in it whenever she lets me, plus, I won't have to spend all the money! It's a Toyota Solana. It's beautiful. I'm going to go have lunch with her right now--she's driving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home