Monday, December 31, 2007

HappyNewYear!


 

Well, ok, that's tomorrow…but I never know when I'll actually post to my blog again, so now, while I have the time, here's about us:

I hope your Chrismahanakwanzifestivus was terrific, bright, white (or whatever color you'd like it to be) and happy.

Our Christmas was adequately nice...we enjoyed great times with friends, and the kids were ecstatic with their Wii, the iPod Nano, the domino sets, the money, and all the other obscene amounts of trinkets and toys they received.  Our tree is still up, I have two more gifts to wrap (yes, on Dec 31)--one of these to ship even! 

I have to write about what I did. When we visited Solvang on Thanksgiving weekend, Emily walked around a toy store with this fluffy "Dalmatian" pony...she wanted it so much; I heard her dad say "you've got hundreds of stuffed animals and I don't want to buy you another one."  Not able to contradict him in front of her, yet seeing how much she really wanted it (the horse was very, very soft and cuddly), I tried to comfort her, saying she never knows what Santa may bring and that she should put it on her list, in case Santa sees it and brings it to her...

At 3:00 Christmas morning, Scott and I got up, put "Santa's" presents under the tree. With Scott not knowing that I phoned the store, ordered the horse to be shipped to me, I put "Snowy" (what she named him) in a sleeping Emily's arms.

That girl! She screamed, "My horsey my horsey!! Santa BROUGHT it to me!! He put it in my arms!!! I thought I saw black boots--it must have been HIM!!!"

I feel joy whenever I see a happy child, but never have I felt this level of joy at seeing how very happy she became at seeing that horse!  I felt like a good mom at that moment.

It was just too warm and fuzzy, that moment!

Happy New Year to all 6 of you!

Resolutions (so far there are two) will be posted next year sometime.

4 Comments:

At 8/1/08 14:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charmaine! Need your email address since the flashcom one is bouncing, please mail me. -Magnus

 
At 8/1/08 16:42, Blogger Gudmans Dautter said...

Hullo, M! I'd love to send you my e-mail address; but your post came up as "anonymous" and I don't know if you have the same e-mail as you did the last time we wrote.

Happy New Year to you, too!

 
At 9/1/08 07:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same old email address. Anonymous here since I´d rather not announce my email address to the world. -Magnus

 
At 9/1/08 09:24, Blogger Gudmans Dautter said...

So--as long as you are checking the blog--my email is: chroma413@gmail.com, and Scott's is Mankinator@gmail.com--we've changed addresses nearly as often as I change clothes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home