Thursday, February 05, 2009

A New Twist

Well Howdy there!!

Asking me how I am is taking a chance on having your ear bent, your shoulder dampened and your time stolen!

There have been a few twists in the Mankey family life just in the last 48 hrs!

I have three minutes to tell you all about it so get your tea/coffee/wine and I'll type as fast as I can (forgive typos, I may not correct them)

First, three weeks ago we got a puppy. She's a darling little Malti-poo (Maltese and poodle) with a little teddy bear face. She's black with white on her nose, under her eyes, on her ruff and on the tips of her toes.  She's feisty, too. Barks at Hamlet all the time. Wants to play with him. He just growls at her, teaching her some boundaries. She's a pain in the butt tho....I think she's really a "shitty-poo"  She can't seem to get that concept of pooping OUTSIDE...why just this morning she left a little present on my pile of clothes that need to go to the dry cleaners!  Bless her heart!

I've been sick with the flu and a sinus infection since the first of the year. I'm on my 2nd round of meds and I think it's getting worse instead of better. In the third week of being sick, I got a job! Yippee! part time, no bennies, but great pay--9:am to 1:pm. at a mortgage company only 10 minutes from home.  I really am enjoying it and the people are great.  Of course I was ill, so thick headed and coughing up a lung every 10 minutes or so I'm sure wasn't appealing to my coworkers. However, they are grooming me to do funding while the woman training me is on mat leave from June to whenever. I'll get a raise then, too.

In addition to learning the mortgage company, I got a part in a community theater play, Little Women. I'm Marmee (the mom).  Learning lines is not the easiest thing to do when trying to simultaneously learn mortgage loan laws and documentation!!

Scott then gets laid off last Tuesday.  That was his last day at Bo(r)ing...at least it was until I told my mgr that I could work full time, since he was going to be a house husband.  She jumped at that chance....now I'm full time and guess what? Scott gets a job---a great opportunity, somewhere in BF Georgia !!!!  He'll be gone for anywhere from one month to 6 months.  He's going to leave as early as next week, maybe.  So I now have the opportunity of finding child care before and after school.

That's not all, oh no, boys and girls, that is not all...but I need to get the girls to school and my butt to work.

Did you ask me how I am? Are you sorry yet?

Love you and miss you,

Today I'd be leaving on my cruise with the dec moms!!!  8^(

I'll write again, I hope, soon,

2 Comments:

At 7/2/09 03:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surround by "thea-ata" people darling! Congratulations to all of you on your parts! If you like community theater as much as my gang does it will become your newest and bestest hobbie! Dh held tryouts last night for the new play he's directing.

You know, there's a reason for everything. Who would have thought when we canceled that Scott would be packing to take an out of town job and that you would be working full-time this week. God has a plan....but I wish it had included a boat!

Dishie

 
At 8/2/09 11:13, Blogger dsimom said...

I'm so glad you have good news on the employment front for both you and DH. I'm also glad to hear that a nat city mortgage office is doing so well. I have a friend who's husband works for Nat city bank and they are all nervous. Pretty much everyone is nervous around here because of the huge job losses we are seeing in so many areas.

Anyway, for the puppy, try restricting her space. It works like the crate, but you can gradually grow her space to the whole house. We found Nova wasn't reliable in the whole house even with people until about 6 months. Once I noticed that it was only when she had the run of the whole house, I restricted her to the kitchen until she mastered that. Then I gave her one more room until she mastered that, then another, and another. It took 2 or 3 days for her to be reliable in each bigger space. Sometimes a room seemed to be too much and I could only let her run breifly and then return her to the small space.

I'm proud to say that she is a most reliable dog now at 11 mos.

We are repeating the process when we leave her because she gets really nervous and chews things when she is left. Right now she has mastered the kitchen and dining room and she is working on the Family room.

I bought used baby gates at the children's consignment store for this process.

Good luck,

Casey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home