Thursday, July 15, 2004

They have Gone Home

Yesterday was a sad day for us. Our South Carolina Cousins left for their last stop before they fly home. They ought to be home by now, after a red-eye across the country and then a 3 or 4 hour drive through the rainy southeast to their home.

Continuing where I left off, we stayed at the studios so long, looking around and shopping, that when we got home it was already nearly 4:00, and too late to visit Soak City. We kind of hung out until dh got home and then ate dinner. After dinner, we picked up Poppy and took him out for dessert. By then it was already late, so I drove them to their hotel and took the long way home, down the coast.

Cousin M and I went through some of my mother's jewelry and we decided on a few pieces for her and my Aunt Nana. I do hope they both like what they received. There are a few things reserved for my Uncle Papa and Cousin C, but they may have to wait a while.

The next day, I had several errands to run, and the cousins wanted to sleep in anyway, so at noonish, we went and got Poppy (Dear Old Dad) and headed out for a little beach restaurant at the end of the river that feeds to the ocean. The kids ate fast and got to play in the sand for awhile. I explained to the adult cousins that this place in the river was where we laid a wreath to honor my mother's love of the sea.

After all the grown ups but Poppy had finished their lunches, the cousins took the kids to the ocean for awhile, so that J could stick his feet one more time into the Pacific Ocean.

Again I took the long way home, trying to delay my cousins' departure for as long as I could. We got Poppy home, then got to my home, and they gathered their things. After a few minutes, I sadly watched them drive down the road toward the airport from where they would return home.

sniff. sniff sniff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home