Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!!

It's the time of year when we do our annual pilgrimage to watch the airplanes race round and round. A good friend of DH's (The Pilot) will participate crewing for one of the racers, so we actually have someone to cheer for at the Reno Air Races.

We leave tomorrow (Thursday) am, and will return late Monday night, the 20th. I plan to bring some sewing and a few books, plus my new Vanity Fair with Jude Law on the cover. The actual plan races excite me; I do really love airplane noise; however, the daring plane tricks (except for the military displays of power), don't do much for me. I really don't wish to see anyone crash, so while the tricks and special shows are on, I usually read or sew. It's nearly quality alone time!

Have spent about $4,000. on my car in the last month, including new tires and a front end alignment, so have positive thoughts for us that we make it there and back safely. I also hope that's all the $$$ I have to spend on this dumpy truckish vehicle.

Anyway, it may be the last year we pull Sarah out of school to go, so we plan to make the best of the trip and go see the dead pine cone forest, or whatever it's called, plus a couple of other side trips. Dh will be mad at me, since I didn't realize until 15 minutes after the kennel closed that I hadn't taken Hamlet yet, and now I have to bribe a neighbor to do it, or wait 'till 8am tomorrow to take him, which will put DH behind in his imaginary schedule by 2 hours. Oh well, "it's an adventure", right?

Waiting for the last load of laundry dries so I can pack...Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home