Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day!

By now, most of you are actually in bed, and us West Coasters are slogging our way from the dinner table to rest our weary and bigger tummies.

I hope Christmas day was peaceful and good to all of you. It was for us! My dad of all people joined us for Christmas breakfast and gift opening. He gave BD1 and BD2 necklaces: BD1's is a blue topaz heart with diamonds, and BD2's is a letter "E" in white gold with small diamonds. I had taken him shopping, thinking he wanted to get them some bean bag chairs! Whoa!

After opening gifts, I made French toast, ham and eggs for everyone (DH and BD2 got the French Toast, Dad got Ham and eggs, I got one slice of Fr. Toast and some ham and 1 sort of basted egg), and BD1, as usual, had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. Scott made his best coffee ever, and we didn't get hungry again until about 5:00.

I had put a prime rib in the oven at about 8:am, and at 2:00 it really was ready to eat, but I made it stay in a little longer. It was about 5 ribs' worth (9 lbs?), baked yams, green beans, peas and are you sitting down?--YORKSHIRE PUDDING! (i.e., popovers). I have only attempted them once before, and didn't finish making them, but this time, I did it and oh dear, me, were they ever good! (of course, if I say so meself) I was so proud! Of course, BD1 had the meat and a slice of bread plus two peas, and BD2 had instant macaroni and cheese.

Now I'm sitting at the pc, trying to get a few minutes' rest before I give BD2 a bath and we go, girls in pj's to see all the decorated houses. BD1 is making us all milkshakes with her new Hello Kitty Milk Shake Maker that BD2 demanded we buy for her "sisser." Another thing BD2 chose to buy for BD1 was a Lava lamp. DH and
BD1 turned it on at about 10:30 this morning, and I think they are still waiting for it to move, now, at 7:30 pm.

We received gifts from our friends of near and far, and cherish every one. I have begun to drink the deliriously delicious wine from northern California by way of Washington, this morning tasted the way-too-yummy cloudberry jam from Norway, and tonight later, I plan to use my new bath gel and moisturizer from Alabama.

We felt so worldly--we received something all the way from Ghana (by way of South Carolina). DH received a mask--those of you who have been to our house have seen our mask collection--and this will enhance our collection in a place of honor in our home. I have been showered with too much generosity, and so appreciate the friends and family I have. DH gave me, among other great things, a piece of "bling bling" that I adore. It's a blue sapphire teardrop stone, hanging from a "ribbon" of inset diamonds. I nearly cried!

So, we successfully earned the reputation of other U.S. residents who overfill their consumerism quotas. Our house once again looks as if a gift shop exploded, but it sure looks like somebody had fun, and boy we did!

Best regards to all, and hopes for a very, very Happy Christmas and New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home