Friday, February 25, 2005

Happily lifted from Gemmak: (Thank you!)

Friday's feast (37)

Appetizer - Name something that makes you scream.
A very few rollercoasters.(if you follow this link, go to the bottom of the page. In teh background you will see the Mickey Mouse head on "California Screamin,'" a coaster that propels you forward, twists and turns you, loops you around that head, and gives you more twists and turns.

Soup - Who is a musician you enjoy listening to when you want to relax?
Pat Metheny, The Rippingtons, Steely Dan, and yes, Mozart.

Salad - What was the last book you purchased?
"The English Roses" by Madonna, to replace a copy stolen from my 8-year old daughter

Main Course - If you could live one day as any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?

I think Franklin Delano Roosevelt, or Sojourner Truth. I have always wanted to do something to significantly help other people's lives, which both most certainly did.

Dessert - Tell about a time when you were lost. Where did you end up? How long did it take you to get back to where you were going?

In 1988, I missed my tour bus in Dublin, returning to my hotel. I thought I could walk it, since walking had become my new past-time anyway. Rain began to drizzle, then pour. I walked and walked and walked, re-tracing our coach's path, or so I thought. We had only stayed one night so far in Dublin, and I couldn't even remember (my brain was wet, I guess) the name of my hotel. Finally, I saw a taxi, and got in, saying what I thought was the inn's name, and the very kind driver found it for me. I had the name all wrong, but he still found it straight away. I walked four miles farther than I needed to do!

I never could wear those shoes again since they got truly soaked. I kept them for years as a memento of that day, and the resulting pneumonia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home