Friday, February 25, 2005

Today, we find out my Explorer will cost us $3k to repair. Yes, $3,000. Plus what it will cost to rent a car while mine is in the shop.

Is it worth it? Is it worth it to not have to look for gainful employment for awhile and stay home a little while longer with my kids?

Is it worth it to be here for all the "stuff" that happens? Is it worth it to not have to ask a boss if I'm "allowed" to take time off for doctors' appointments for one of the kids, myself, my dad, my dog?

Is it worth it that by keeping this old heep of metal and duct taping it every few months we can afford things like piano lessons, tennis lessons, tumbling and little weekend excursions for the girls, and being able to be the one to trek them around to their classes and friends' houses, rather than pay some day care person to do it.

I think so, I do down in the deepest part of my heart. Even if the car costs us $6000/year to repair, it's still less than $20,000 or so for a new one. Light candles that Blanche (the name of my white Explorer) lasts just two more years. Also, it's less costly to have this car for Motor Vehicle registration as well as insurance than it would cost for a new car.

But that 3 year old green Honda Odyssey looks pretty tempting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home