Friday, April 15, 2005

I Begin Again

It’s time to begin writing again, isn’t it. The last few weeks have been stressful, sad, moments of happy remembrances, and I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about this life.

Well, I’m done thinking. (I know, so many jokes could be inserted here…well go ahead and insert them if you want to.)

But how do I begin writing again about the frivolous, little things in my mundane life. After giving that some thought, I’ve come to a decision: I’m hoping to carry on in the spirit of my very dear friend and write about the special moments. Those profoundly normal moments in life that make you think Life is good and it’s worth going on as long as you can just to see how some things progress.

It’s been a stressful week. We’re packing for a trip to Paris; we leave tomorrow morning. We plan to stay at Euro Disney, at the Cheyenne hotel in the resort. We will take our two darling daughters, and sleep deprive them to ride rides, wake them to see the Eiffel Tower and even climb up to the top to see the great cloudy view of the rest of the city.

We have been very excited and packed all our spring clothing (California spring is very warm weather). Upon checking weather forecasts for Paris, we found it will be more of a California winter than any kind of spring we’ve known. So, we’re re-packing for our “winter” holiday. I think it will be fun. We got new umbrellas, and the girls have packed their rain boots (wellies), so we ought to stay somewhat dry, unless an abnormal monsoon hits.

But we leave the house tomorrow, and the plane departs at 3:30 pm, arriving Sunday in Paris at about 11:00 in the morning. There is still much to do, but I had the need to write before I leave. We will return on Sunday, 24 April 2005, hopefully getting home at around 6:00 pm. Au revoir, mes amies! A bientot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home