Monday, May 16, 2005

The Weekend

Friday, Sarah's ear tubes were surgically removed--short successful
surgery, for which we waited 31/2 hours to get performed.

We made it home just in time to get a quick snack--Sarah had not eaten
since Thursday night--she'd had 2 bites of an English Muffin (crumpet, sort
of, for non-US people), and had not realized she'd get quite so
hungry. That was at 8:am, and by the time 2:pm came when surgery was
about to start, she was literally weak with hunger. She's so thin to start, she doesn't have much of a reserve.

So, immediately after leaving the hospital, she began begging for her
favorite restaurant, <http://www.lucillesbbq.com/>Lucille's. What could I
do--I did exactly as she requested: ordered two chicken dinners to go. She
was even allowed to begin eating it in the car.

When we finished eating, mmm, babybacks!!, we got ready and went to our
Girl Scout event...the Leader/Daughter Freaky Friday dinner, where I was to
be the photog. By this time I had a roaring migraine. I'm going to have to
get some of that nose spray they've been talking about.

But we did it; I photographed 25 pairs plus some quads and triples in
portrait, and had a great time. I even got some dinner out of it.

I also stopped at the local grocery bakery, and bought a couple of cakes
for the event...the planners were allowed no budget from Council, and had
to feed 70 people on $15/plate. Cookies were planned for dessert, but I
couldn't have that. So, I brought cake.

We were done by
9:00, and Sarah and I dropped, exhausted into bed, and
didn't get up until nearly 9:am Saturday. We felt great --Sarah's ears didn’t
hurt at all!

Saturday included Sarah’s planned tea in order to get her “Her Story” try-it
patch for Brownies. She did a terrific job, reading a poem she wrote, and then reading out of a book entitled She. (Thank you Ms. Northwest!). Then Saturday we entertained my dad (a whole other story), and today, we rested nearly all day.

That's my story...Have a Happy Monday tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home