Monday, August 01, 2005

Controlled and Scheduled Chaos

I didn't write last week; but then you know that, don't you. We lived a very eventful week that included a visit to the new Mormon temple in Newport Beach, California. I must note that the girls’ behavior there amazed me. They remained very quiet when asked, walked softly, did not break any of the artifacts or ruin the grass or anything! I was a proud mommy that day. I thought it was a hard day for both of them, too--having to behave quietly for nearly three hours, being nicely dressed, walking quite a bit, and not allowed to run once can be tough on an adult, let alone a four and an eight-year old.

That did not complete the week by a longshot, oh, no. In addition to that on Wednesday, we still had piano lessons, swim lessons, and such. Plus, contractors started the job of scraping my celings of that lovely acoustic material that was all the rage in the 1970's. Then re-texturing and painting should happen. After that, the rooms will look awful, but the ceilings will sparkle! So, I have to paint at least the girls' bedroom and the family room--I suppose I could just replace the masks where the old marks are on the wall, but I have some other things I want to put there, and the marks just would not look very good at all.

This week, there is the finishing of the ceilings, painting of rooms, putting it all back together with I hope 50% of the toys books games, etc so it won't be quite so crowded in this house. It all needs to be done by Saturday morning so that we can happily host 10 little girls scouts for their first over-night indoor camp experience. For that, the carpets need cleaning, too. Last night, I began to think about the benefits of all of us going to a couple of adjoining hotel rooms. But the disadvantages were too great. So, the non-stop 24/7 work will be here this week. Pray thee we get it all done!

Short update on Poppy: He's doing better, in the same rehab facility, but in a normal room now, not that ugly unit they call the Alzheimer's care facility. I've got to phone his doc today as well as a few other people to find out what the plans are for Poppy--whether or not he'll go back to his assisted living facility or somewhere else.

So if you don't hear from me for another week, I'm ok. I'm just drowning in my own home!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home