Thursday, July 14, 2005

More about Poppy

Our Poppy remains in the hospital, and we don't know exactly when he'll go home.

This evening, the doctor phoned me to get some information, and to tell me what he knows so far.

The biggest suspect is more small strokes, or TIAs (Transitional Ischemic Attacks), but now he also has a fever and pneumonia. He is unable to communicate with us except for a few words. I'm kind of used to him not talking much, but this is unusual even for him. He has begun several conversations with me, but says the preface, such as, "I'm concerned..." and closes his eyes and doesn't finish. Today when I visited him, he said, "By the way..." I got closer to him so he wouldn't have to talk loud, but then his eyes closed again, and he didn't say another word.

I asked him if he needed to rest, and he nodded his head "yes." I noticed that the left side of his body was shaking. I said "I love you, Poppy," and went home.

Tomorrow the staff will run an MRI on him to see if indeed he has had small strokes; I suppose we'll know more by Friday.

3 Comments:

At 14/7/05 08:37, Blogger dsimom said...

I'll be praying for you and your Poppy. I know this really hurts you. He's had a really rough time of it.

 
At 14/7/05 21:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read your blog ... haven't read it in a few days (which is why I didn't ask you about your dad when I talked to you the other day!) You and your Poppy will be in my prayers ... you certainly have had your share of "downs" lately in this up and down world of ours. Your Dad is SO lucky to have you as his daughter. And in light of what's been going on with you lately ... i'm thinking *TWO* spa treatments, *at least*, in August ... o.k.? (and the same or even more in October!)

Love and hugs,
Cathy

 
At 18/7/05 11:13, Blogger Bookhorde said...

*hugs & prayers*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home