Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Interviewing

I went. I interviewed. I tested on Excel. I tested on PowerPoint. Funny thing this, I scored higher on PowerPoint than I did on Excel. I use Excel every few days. I haven't used PowerPoint in 10 years.

The job I thought I interviewed for has been placed on hold indefinitely; however there is another job in the same company (a very good company, btw, from what I've heard about it), where I might be considered.

So I'm home and out of the interview clothes, having found out that my perfectly appropriate suit doesn't fit anymore. I calculated that 1/3 of the salary would go to taxes, of course, and another third would go to child care. That would leave me with less than acceptable amounts of cash to help with bills, household things or even the car payment!

Is this trip really necessary?

1 Comments:

At 29/8/05 18:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesn't it just stink that we have to work?? I personally know think we should just have summer vacation forever. My job really caused me grief today. I had to deal with 65 people ages 14-18 for 8 hours. Many of them function like 6 or 8 year olds at best. What I really wanted to do was sit by my friend's pool, sip something and practise all my swim strokes. Work........bahhhh humbug!

Hope you get the job!...If you want it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home