Monday, August 22, 2005

Mr & Mrs Most Gracious Hosts

There is one more thing I must mention about my Tahoe trip. You might have wondered how Mr & Mrs Most Gracious Host got their names; herein is a most lovely example of their grace.

Mrs. Most Gracious Host had brought her organic vegetables from her home to share with us all. We got to talking about vegetables at all, and I mentioned that I rarely get fresh vegetables since my family doesn't eat vegetables (unless French Fries and ketchup count).

I also told of a most delicious thing my mother used to make that included zuchini, crook neck squash, onions, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. It remains one of my favorite memory things to eat since childhood. Mom would grill the onions and sometimes ground beef, add some garlic, salt and pepper, then for the last five minutes or so, add the tomatoes and squash. I could have eaten the whole pan of that food. She'd either serve it over rice or some time of noodles.

I forgot all about that conversation, until later, when my very dear friend Mrs. Most Gracious Host served the very same meal, sans the ground beef, with dinner, while Mr. Most Gracious Host cooked the main entree of very delicious grilled chicken breasts.

Now, when someone cooks something for me that I simply mention in conversation, I am truly devoted to her (or him) for life!

I will never forget the gracious hospitality and love served to me while in Tahoe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home