Friday, July 16, 2004

At home with children

Well, I think I'm done with the Wedding and Party in Norway stories, so here's a little entry about my BD's.
 
(East Coast Editor--I've often wondered about the correct way to write that--a plural acronym.  Should it be BDs or BD'S or bd's or bds, or beautiful daughters?)
 
This morning, the "practice piano" rule got followed with me barely having to snap that parental whip. (No TV or games until her complete lessons are practiced--one half hour.)  Then, the smallest one asked me to make a tent for her from a blanket. So, I dutifully put a blanket over Poppy's walker and another chair, and she had a great time with it.  BD1 came in and began to play with BD2, enhancing my basic tent with more blankets and clips to connect the blankets for "doors" to the tent.  Then BD1 took BD2 into the other room, where she dressed #2 and herself in dress-up clothes.  They sauntered in, #1 in a purple princess veil and tiger patterned slides, and #2 with a fuschia pill box hat with sequins, and matching slides.  #2 said, "I'm the big kid and (#1) is the Mommy."  #1 then proceeded to saunter back out of the room, with #2 close behind her.
 
They returned in a few minutes with slices of cheese and Princess fruit snacks, to have a snack inside the tent. I pretended to not see them, but it was so adorable to watch #1 act out the role of Mother, including the frustration when #2 would not listen to her.  They were so cute together, and cooperated so well with their ideas about the tent, food, and clothing.  I felt very happy (had a real moment) to share in their play time, even if I only watched.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home