Thursday, December 30, 2004

Mystery of the Lost Passport

We were so excited last week; we received 2 packets from the US government--in one was my renewed passport, and the other was addressed to dh, so I left it unopened and in his mail basket. Just a few days ago, dh opened a gov't packet and showed everyone BD2's passport with her adorable photo in it. She's ready to do some serious travelling now!

Well, I was asked, "Where is my passport" by DH. Thinking that I had given it to him, I said, "I put it in the basket last week, and mentioned it to you a few times. You didn't respond, so I figured you'd get to it when you got to it." He had that look; the one where I know I am going to get blamed for losing the passport, whether or not it was my fault. Somehow, it would end that I was to blame.

So, he went to bed, apparently slightly annoyed that I wasn't going to join him. I stayed away, tore through nearly every piece of paper I could find, every box of files, every file cabinet, the computer desks, BD1's desk, the kitchen, the garage. I never found it.

So I sat and fiddled around with some paperwork, and after a few hours (at about 2:am), I realized that the packet he opened containing BD2's passport was the packet I had put into his mail basket, and not his as we had thought.

Whew! I could sleep now! And sleep I did! soundly and happily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home