Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A Playroom!!

Even my dear, DH cannot believe it! The girls' bedroom is once again a bedroom, and the playroom/junk room is actually a "playroom"!!!

We had a smallish party on the 11th for Christmas. After our Thanksgiving holiday, I decided that by the time the party's date came around, our house would look festive and not fumbled. I worked round the clock, but I finally did it!

The playroom, with new shelving and new organized sections, is functional, and clean!!

I am so very happy. DH worked very diligently the day of the party cleaning the patio, and I am thoroughly enjoying our home now. Our holiday decorations really look pretty, and it's so nice to be able to see them, and not have to look through clutter to try to find them!

It actually makes me want to keep it this way! Yippee!

We plan to have another party, New Year's Eve morning, to watch the ASU (Arizona State University) and Purdue University football (American) game. I plan to serve a brunch type meal--finger foods again--of beef debris sandwiches, crudite, sweets, and other extra stuff, plus, of course, wine, beer, and soft drinks. I need only to remove wrapping supplies from the dining room to make the house company-ready. I am so pleased that this is all needed to get us ready. My husband says we ought to have a party every week so that it will stay clean. I think it would be enough to do it once each month.

I hope I don't need any parties to keep it nice. Then maybe he won't think I've quit my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home