Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Oh the Burn

Talk about stupid human tricks.

Happily preparing dinner for my family last night, I took the roast beef out of the oven, and got the potatoes, yams, peas ready to serve. Then the act of pure thoughtlessness and stupidity happened. I took the lid off the roaster pan. Doesn't sound so dumb, does it?

The pan was about 400 degrees F and I did not use potholders.

Oh, the burn.

Ice really does help. I still can't feel my fingertips, except for that numbness tingle, similar to when your hand falls asleep, but the pain is mostly gone! My dh filled a glass of ice, and all night I kept my digits inside the ice. When it got to cold, I held the glass; when my fingers burned too much, down into the ice they went. 4 hours of this, and an 800 mg ibuprofen helped immensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home