Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Eve Day--Menu for Football Game

I've been known to occasionally cook for groups of people, and today I'm doing it again, but attempting to keep it somewhat simple, since we plan on attending a fairly large dinner tonight at a local Italian restaurant and we will start the dinner fairly early, too.

With that said, I plan to serve cranberry scones (just came out of the oven), baked brie in brioche with almonds and raspberries, my own version of "beef debris" sandwiches on mini croissants, brownie bites (purchased from the local bakery), virgin madras (orange juice and cranberry juice mixed together over ice), tea and coffee.

Beef debris sandwiches, as far as I have been told, are basically chopped, left over roast beef in the au jus, but the fat cut off and out of both the meat and the jus. A little Horsey sauce, some cheese, bread, and you've got great beef debris!

The game starts at 11:am, and people are supposed to begin arriving at 10:45. For once, I'm all ready already. After the massive cleaning done in the previous two weeks, all I had to do was clean the kitchen last night. I felt so terrific walking around my house yesterday afternoon! The house is vacuumed, nearly decluttered, and still festive!

There are details of decluttering that yet need to be finished, but they'll get taken care of during January (old toys to be donated while girls are at school).

Have a great, happy, healthy and safe New Year, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home