Thursday, December 30, 2004

Such a Tragedy, and My First Political Statement

My recent updates may appear insensitive to world events. However, my heart is crying for all of the families who have lost loved ones in the horrible tsunamis in southern Asia.

One of our family doctors is from Sri Lanka, and his family as well as his wife's family are still there. As of yesterday afternoon, he has not heard from anyone about their state of existence.

Seeing the videos of the waves, and the aftermath, has me riveted to the web and the television. I seem morbidly fascinated to the disaster. Plus, more tsunami are expected after another deep sea earthquake occurred.

What a bittersweet feeling to feel so sorry for all who have been affected by this, and yet so relieved at those who survived, and had the energy to help others.

A tourist returning home made a comment about what a beautiful thing it was to observe all nations working together to help each other get through this. Buddhists, Hindus, Christians, all together working as one people.

It's more than just too bad the world's peoples need catastrophes to work together helpfully instead of fighting over dirt.

Go ahead, comment away. I think religions, whether Christian based or not, ought to be tolerant and cooperative with each other, not judgemental, devisive, completely conversion based and narrow-minded.

I know, I know, perhaps the world's troubles are caused by extremists, but then they are the ones elected into power in some countries. In this country, divisions already exist, yet in the last election so much was made of red and blue states that I think yet more division got caused. For Shame!

Before I go rambling off on some tangent, I'll end this now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home