Sunday, February 27, 2005

I’d like to thank my dog-sitter…

I won!! I feel as if I’d been to the best pub-quiz ever! My family and I attended an Oscar’s party tonight. The hosts organized it to the nth detail. We entered a pool to see who would guess the most winners in all the categories, and yours truly, this “umble” one, got First Place!!! Whoo Hoo!!

I came home with such a treasure trove of gifts, too! I got to choose from a plethora of gifts laid out on a very festive table. I saw the bottle of wine, and chose that. What I didn’t know was that the bottle of wine was a Pinot Noir (this was the “Homage to Sideways” gift package) from Santa Barbara, just down the street from Solvang, as well as a $15 gift card to Tower Records, a wine book, and the DVD, “About Schmidt.”

My husband came home with 2nd place, two DVDs: Ed Wood and one other one which I cannot remember right now and don’t want to walk into my bedroom to find out the title.

We came from behind to beat another couple who had perfect ranks all night and first and second place. I was tied with Scott, but then I won because I guessed WASP, a documentary would win for its category. It was the tie-breaking category. What a wild guess that was, and lucky, too.

Now I’m considering buying a lottery ticket.

2 Comments:

At 2/3/05 10:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was robbed!! I should have picked Cate Blanchett - I knew she was going to win.

 
At 2/3/05 10:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was robbed!! I should have picked Cate Blanchett - I knew she was going to win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home