Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Yielding to Temptation

Well, more like succumbing to it. That Honda Odyssey kept entering my thought process, and I decided it wouldn’t hurt to look at it, touch it, drive it, find something horribly wrong with it, and come home feeling good about repairing the Explorer. So I did. I emailed the dealer; they phoned me the next day (Monday of this week).

That afternoon, Emily and I took a little drive in our little rental car to this huge and grand Mercedes Benz dealer. Of course the sales people were truly nice; Emily had fallen asleep and they brought the car to me instead of having me walk over to it. The sales person then walked over to the rental car, got Emily’s car seat and installed it for me so we could go on our test drive.

As a side note, while I waited for this mini-van to be brought to the front door of the Mercedes dealer, I could not help but notice the beautiful convertible staring me in the face. Of course I fantasized about the convertible!

There were several things I did notice about the Honda immediately. It started when I turned the key! It kept running! It didn’t make any strange thumping, bumping, grinding, or even table saw noises! The gas gauge didn’t move the whole 15 minutes I drove it! Emily wasn’t able to comment; she slept through the whole test drive.

By the time I got back to the dealer, looked at all the cargo space (twice as much as Blanche, my Explorer), and little nice touches (I chide myself for even noticing this) such as cup holders in the back for the girls, I had decided that I liked it and would ask my very dear husband if he wanted a newish car. When I phoned him, I nearly fainted—I actually got light headed—when he said “yes, let’s get it.”

So, even though we (ok, I) decided “yes, I’ll buy it” in ½ hour of seeing it, 3 hours later, after financial papers were signed, I took the little rental car home. An hour after that, my sales guy, Najib, delivered it to me at my home!!

Scott likes it, I am very happy with it, and the girls LOVE it! The dog is not sure yet. So, here I am, mother of two, wife of one, a house, a dog and a minivan. How much more OC Hausfrau can I get?

2 Comments:

At 4/3/05 06:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Honda van club. We bought ours in Sept 2001 and I'm happy to let you know only new tires, oil changes and regular checkups have been needed since its purchase.

I'm also happy to report that in August it will be PAID OFF.

Enjoy! Andi (from Dec Moms)

 
At 6/3/05 20:12, Blogger Gudmans Dautter said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Andi! I sure hope we have the same luck with our Honda! It won't be paid off for a very long time, tho 8^(

Thanks for the note.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home