Friday, April 15, 2005

First Things First

Before I write about anything else, there are a few points of appreciation I absolutely must mention. There are a few people, without whom, I may have quite readily gone around the bend during the past few weeks. I do so especially appreciate all the help I have received (as well as the emailing back and forth, and the emotional support) from my newest dear friend, gemmak.

G, you have proved yourself worth an elephant’s weight in gold and more, for being so helpful and ingenious whilst attempting to interpret Norwegian, find phone numbers and addresses, determine the least painful way of donating to a charity in a foreign country, determining whether a donation was enough, or a floral arrangement would be better, finally deciding that both would be best. I think we made the right decision together. I think I’ve met a new friend! It has been positively restorative to be in contact with you, gemmak. Thank you, thank you, so much for your grace under pressure (and your great sense of humor, too)!

December Moms, you wonderful, gracious, caring, generous, er, most generous group of women! Not only did you contribute for the Norwegian Cancer Society donation, but as good mothers would, showed most warm concern for me. I do appreciate that concern, and getting notes about it meant the world to me. They woke me from a sad, sad sleep of sorts, and told me to get back to my life.

Thank you to all who helped, contributed, wrote, called. You are all brilliant friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home