Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Concern for My Dad

Oh, great.

Just got off the phone with my father, Poppy the Sailor Man.

He did sound as if I awoke him, but said he was already awake. I said he'd better go downstairs and eat, and he said, and I do quote him, "Ok, I'll see what Mama wants." I said, "Mama?" He said, "yeah, she's around here somewhere."

I then asked if he'd had a dream about her, and he said, "yes, sometimes it's worse than ever." and something else about an old friend named Henry who built several homes in Laguna Beach about 40 years ago, and who died about 25 years ago.

Then he asked me, "do you want to talk to mama?" I got very sad, and said, "no, I'll call back later."

I hope it was just transition from sleeping to waking that caused his confusion. Unless my mom really is visiting him, and pulling on his arm like she promised to do, in order to take him with her. If she's up there, or her spirit is travelling around these parts, she must be so disappointed in me.

1 Comments:

At 2/6/05 03:37, Blogger dsimom said...

I like to think that when people pass on to the other side they are much more understanding of our life, our trials and our limitations. Your mom is not dissapointed in you. She understands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home