Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Job Hunting

Job-hunting--I've now applied for about 35 jobs and have had two teeny weeny bites that have only panned out to other smaller bites. We'll see. I'd like to substitute teach, but seem to have misplaced my brand new credential--I've looked through paper after paper after card stack after book stack and cannot find them. I'll find them about two weeks after it's too late.

My biggest hopes for employment are full time, at either Boeing, Ingram-Micro or PacifiCare. Here's how much I want a job: Usually I'm a detail-oriented, expert editor, but when it came to my own resume, it wasn't until I looked at it upside-down on the interviewer's desk that I saw four (count'm 4) huge mistakes...email address, the year I left the Gas Company was 199 (not 1995 as it should have been) and for an unknown reason, all the bolding, italicizing, underlining had been deleted. Plus, some of the data was so very outdated, I looked very, very old on paper in deed (as if it's not bad enough to look as old as I am!).

I'm too busy to work anyway. President of Emily's Preschool Boosters Club, co-leader of Sarah's Brownie Troop, Referee for Sarah's Soccer League, taxi for those activities, schools, piano lessons, and gymnastics, plus family accountant (and a very bad one at that), my husband's personal travel agent, secretary, cook, bad (very bad) housekeeper and laundress, as well as my dad's financier, accountant and caregiver.

I'm also coordinating the re-painting and rennovations of my house. The drywall guy hasn't called back to figure out how best to fix the cracks in the new ceiling plus the black mark in the front room ceiling as well as the apparent sinking of the part in the front room of they repaired. The painter has not shown up for 3 days--he was supposed to be here last week, and this week, yesterday as well as today, he still hasn't shown up. Three phone calls haven't even got him to call me. I can't put furniture back until it's fixed.

Plus, I'm still trying to finish painting the girls' bedroom and get it re-furnished by the time Sarah starts school, which is this coming Tuesday. Isn't that busy enough? What would I ever do if I had a paying job?? (beside be able to pay for all of this!)

2 Comments:

At 1/9/05 16:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left the Gas Co. in 199? :-)

 
At 1/9/05 16:37, Blogger Gudmans Dautter said...

Yes. You see, I am very, very old.

pffffft!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home