Saturday, September 03, 2005

BBBLLLLLTTTTT! (Whistle sound?)

Well, it's official: I'm an AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization) Game Official, otherwise known as a referee. I finished the final class this morning and passed the certification exam, so now I get to blow my whistle at little kids.

What I won: an official referee whistle, a screaming bright yellow/gold t-shirt, a patch that says "Referee", a fake coin to toss, a pin to wear, and a game "book," which holds the red and yellow cards, plus has room for a small tablet for me to use to write notes about the game. These notes will help me remember what to write in my reports after the games I ref.

There are more rules in soccer than I can believe. I just hope I can remember them when I need them for a game!

I wonder when my first game will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home