Thursday, January 05, 2006

Bedtime and Children

It's after midnight, and I've just finished cleaning the kitchen...when I came home from walking the dog at nearly midnight, I was acosted by my newly nine-year old.

Just as I entered the house, I hadn't even the time to unleash the dog when I got called--MOM MOM MOM___EMILY PUSHED THE BOX IN HERE TO SLEEP--SHE WANTS TO SLEEP IN THE FRONT ROOM WITH ME...

I got so annoyed that Emily was even still awake, let alone still in the damn box (kind of funny to think of her pushing this huge tv box all around the house tho)...I bent down and got in her face and told her that I DON'T wish to be awakened in the middle of the night because she has to pee. It's NOT fair...she has to pee & for some reason has to wake the whole family including the DOG--& her dad is not happy in the morning when he's not had enough sleep!!! So--she can sleep where she wants, but DO NOT WAKE ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AGAIN. She got a real serious look on her face, then walked into the fr. room---she started to come back, and I looked at her, which must have made her reconsider, 'cause she turned right around and got into her "bed."

So I cleaned the kitchen to watch and see if she got up again, and she hasn't yet. Sarah seems to be asleep, too, and there isn't a noise in the house except my fingers and the keyboard.

I warned them that for the next few nights (the warning came Sunday night of this week), they'd be going to bed earlier because they need to get back into their routine for school next week. HAH. The last two nights they've managed to get to bed a full two hours later even than they have been going to bed during the holiday fortnight.

Tomorrow, I hope will be different. We're leaving somewhat early to go to a local amusement park with friends, so maybe they'll tire earlier and not fight bedtime so much. Let's all cross our fingers and hope this wish comes true.

One really very cool thing happened while I walked the dog tonight tho--I saw a beautiful shooting star. It was gorgeous! That makes five shooting stars that I've seen in the last few months while out walking the dog. I feel so special!

1 Comments:

At 25/1/06 14:52, Blogger Dorinna said...

Ah - but we all know that you are special!!! Seeing the shooting stars proves it beyond a doubt. I always take shooting stars as one of the best omens of good things to come. Watch out world!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home