Monday, January 02, 2006

Another Year, Another Batch of Fudge

A new year!! a new chance to start over! Such a deal!

I've made resolutions before, and like most people have not been able to fulfill them...especially those about losing weight or exercising more or eating right. In fact,

last night, at 10:30, I got the urge to try a second batch of fudge (I ate most of the first batch). My goal was to make Mom's fudge...the kind that isn't soft, but hardens so much it's nearly granular, but it's so rich and chocolatey that I loved it all my life. Mom always said it never came out right, but I loved it, and never really liked that soft stuff--though, I'd sacrifice that if it was the only kind of fudge around and I wanted some.

Last night's batch was PERFECTly like Mom's!! I was so proud of myself and found myself having the argument that I had many many years, where she was disappointed, and kept point out this or that batch of fudge's flaws (e.g., too hard, too soft, to grainy, whatever), while I would only say, "it's great! I love it! it's the best fudge in the world!!" Back and forth, with each batch of fudge, until it was completely gone because I had eaten most of it. Yum. Made me the girl I am today! I did the same thing with this batch, except I gave half of it to my neighbor who professes that it's the exact kind of fudge she loves, too. I hope it brought back some good memories like it did to me. If you're interested, here is the recipe (click on the word "here").

I may be sick later, but it was sure worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home