Monday, April 17, 2006

What, Me???

Ok, so I did have a birthday the other day.  I do maybe think I might be having a small midlife crisis.  But I couldn’t help myself, really!!  I just had to try it.

I SKIED!!!  I hadn’t been for over 12 years…since before I was pregnant with Sarah.  I have wondered many times if I’d ever get to do it again and yesterday afternoon I found myself at the top of a slope connected to skis and poles with the boots on.

We took my girls to their first ever experience with skiing (not boarding, but skiing) yesterday. While watching them, my legs arms and body began to itch and twitch to be out there with them.

All morning I watched these two darling little girls ski, make “pizza slices” (wedges, or snowplows) and “French fries” (parallel skis). When I mentioned I wanted to be up there in the snow with them, my beautiful, generous husband said, “why not get a half day lift-ticket and try it?”  I nearly choked!

So, at precisely 12:30, I bought a half-day lift ticket and rented the whole package.  Sarah and I rode the lift together; she gave me some “pro” tips the whole ride.  We got off the lift (Whew!! I didn’t fall and sprawl!!), and there I was, at the top of the bunny slope, wondering what I had done.

But I did it—I DID IT!!!  It was FUN!!! I loved it and remembered why I had become addicted to it before, going into debt for great skis, poles and boots, driving 8-10 hours each way to find good enough snow, flying hours to find even better snow, living and breathing for the ski season, even planning all my vacation time around ski seasons (1 day off every week so I could have several 3-day skiing weekends consecutively).

I felt so rejuvenated! So full of Life!

Today, I could barely move, but yesterday, oh, yesterday!!!  It was all worth it.  

Now I can’t wait to do it again.

Happy Easter!

1 Comments:

At 17/4/06 10:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of the gloom and darkness of life’s problems and demands -
comes the SUNSHINE of what life REALLY has to offer.
GUPP & GAN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home