Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I want....

...an attagirl.

This afternoon, I have been very busy. Well, I've been pretty busy for a few weeks, but today I think was especially so. After taking my 5-yr old to school for her school photo, then to the doctor (she has an ear infection), a 20 mile drive, getting her back to school, I went home.

To do what, you ask? To begin moving things out of the family room and dining room so that our new carpet can be installed!! We're getting carpet in those two rooms, and fake wood flooring in the hallway.

This new stuff excited me until I learned that we (meaning my dh and I) would have to move anything breakable or electronic out of the two rooms. That means my new dining room furniture, my new china cabinet (the one that almost caused a divorce), my sewing/scrapbooking containers, and the worst is yet....the home theater. The HT, I'll call it, includes a 6' high by about 15' wide cabinet, glass doors, full of electronic gizmos, including a TIVO, HDTV receiver, jukebox, the preamp, subwoofer, yada yada, and the 50 lb speakers, plus the wide screen TV. I didn't touch that.

I did however, empty the china cabinet, move my daughter's desk into the front room, moved two loveseats out of the front room and into the garage, moved all the chairs, the cookbooks (a full book shelf full), stuff from the drawers of the cabinet, and other miscellaneous and sundry items. It looks so nice and clean! I may not return some of the stuff to these rooms!

Now I'm tired, and should still cook dinner. My 9-yr old suggested a family restaurant down the road, and it sounded great to me. Besides, dh won't be home until fairly late tonight, so we'll have to eat dinner without him. 8^(

What I really want to do is take a pain pill and go to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home