Sunday, April 15, 2007

But Wait, There’s More!

It's been a great b'day weekend for me, and I might even get a job interview call next week. I took an assessment at Cal State Long Beach last week, for Word and Excel.  The hiring supv. seemed impressed. It doesn't pay anything at all, but they have a tuition waiver, so my Master's Degree would be free except for the cost of books. The salary would cover car insurance and my car payments on the van.  Plus, the position is in HR, so I would see all the job announcements before anyone else, and have a good chance at jobs in the school that actually pay.



My hair looks drastically different, too.  I'm bleached and short-haired.  Not as short as you, but just barely to my neck. It looks great. I can spike it or curl it, whatever I want.



I have an appointment in May to see an orthopedist for my hands/wrists. It seems I have "severe" carpal tunnel and unnal tunnel syndromes in both of my hands.  Other than that, my health seems good--I am quite sure I'm in menopause--the dementia and forgetfulness plus moments of my own personal tropical vacations tell me this. 



Let me see, the house looks like hell, but we're working on it.  Within the next week or so it ought to be livable again.



Scott is still looking for gainful employment. For now, we are ok financially--he got a decent severance package from The Mouse, plus vacation pay for a month, plus his unemployment will kick in within a couple of weeks.  The tax refunds helped too.  So, for now, I'm doing the budget, since he has enough stress with job searching, and we ought to at least get through the summer if we have to do that.



Sarah is doing terrific.  She got straight "a"s and is in the district wide chorus, plus takes her piano lessons happily. She even practices on her own!  She usually finishes her homework within an hour or less, and her teachers all praise her to me whenever they get the chance. (Proud Momma)



Emily is happily rolling along.  Such a different temperament from Sarah--we do our best to not compare, but they sure are different kids!  She does well in school, has a beautiful singing voice already, and may take singing lessons when school starts next year. We had to take her out of gymnastics, but she still does all her moves at school on the playground equipment.  As soon as one of her parents gets employed for money, we'll most likely get her back into gymnastics.  She is in t-Ball, and loves it. She plays pretty well, too, for a 5-yr old!  She giggles every time she comes home or catches a batted ball, or gets someone out.  We get to see her giggling often on game days. 



We seem to have emotionally adopted 2 daughters.  Emily's best friends live on our street.  Kelly and Joyce are terrific little girls, and right in the middle of Sarah & Emily's ages.  They are here nearly every day, and we love them.  They are so well behaved, so funny, and it is just amazingly good/heart warming to hear the laughter of four little girls in the house.  It brings a smile to my heart every time they are here.



Yep--we've been busy, but mostly happily so.



I don't know if that's it, but my hands are going numb, plus I need to get off my butt and finish the playroom/garage project.  So, I hope to see you some time soon, and hear from you again some time sooner.



Hugs o love,

Charmaine



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home