Monday, July 09, 2007

A Quick Update

My hand is recouping...it hurts sometimes like a you-know-what, but Vicodin works well enough to take the edge off the pain. 

Job Prospects? What are those again? I'm now up to 55 rejections, & Scott just got another one from his last choice employer. Now he's considering going back to aerospace..Raytheon, Boeing, etc.  We're in the final stretch of the severance & our savings (retirement/college nest egg) is real small--want some winter "guests"? What's really bad is that for some reason Scott's last 2 unemployment checks haven't come. I hope the next one he gets makes up for that; otherwise, a couple of bills may not get paid.

A month or so ago I saw a nice looking 40-ish couple panhandling at a freeway offramp, & it kind of scared me. I'm hoping that all the prayers of friends & family work soon!

Life, besides the hand & jobs has been rather nice. Scott & the girls have been taking great care of me--cooking, cleaning, etc. He's even learned to cook about five new dishes and they are great, too!  My 1-handed typing is also improving; I may be up to about 30 wpm now. If I can get that up to about 45, I'll qualify for a state job! Up to 60, & I'd qualify for a city or county job.  I guess I'd better continue looking...it isn't looking good for Scott right now.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers. I sure hope they get a "yes" answer.

1 Comments:

At 11/7/07 07:20, Blogger Bookhorde said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home